Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my ZZ4 back in August and after doing other things on my 67 and getting the ZZ4 ready, I finally got it started last night. This thing is Awesome. No problems whatsoever except for some exhaust leaks that will be fixed as soon as I take the 67 to a muffler shop to seal up the exhaust system. The exhaust system was only installed using clamps so the leaks were expected.

I made previous modifications to the electrical system to handle the new HEI that comes with the ZZ4 and also made modifications to handle the new single wire alternator and mini high-torque mini starter. All electrical systems worked without a problem. Oil pressure was maintained throughout the break-in period and the temperature never went above 190 degrees. Amazing. I used the original 4-blade fan that came with the originally 283 but upgraded the radiator to a 4 row one.

I also installed a rebuilt 350 transmission from Kragen that I will be going through start-up/break-in phase this weekend and once that is done, a quick road test to the wheel alignment shop and then on to the muffler shop.

I would like to thank everyone on this web-site that has help me in this whole process without him or her even knowing it. I rarely ask questions but do a lot of past searches which have answered many of my questions without me having to post new ones or repeated ones. Your prior responses to questions definitely help build my confidence and enable me to get to this point.

Thanks again everyone.

------------------
William Roche
67 & 72 Chevelle Malibu's
ACES #130, Tech Gold #26

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Glad to hear your up and running. It'a always good to hear another Chevelle has "hit the road."

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.