Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a ZZ4 for my 64 Chevelle that has a old style 350 engine and a 350 turbo automatic. What else do I need to purchase to install this engine?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You really don't need anything but if you want to go fast...
Lets see, if I get to spend your money this is the way I would go.
From the Top:
a 14x3 Air cleaner with a K&N element
Carter AFB 750 w/elec choke or Holley 750 w/vacuum secondaries.
Stock intake or upgrade to an Edlelbrock RPM.
a good set of headers such as Hooker Super Comps 1 3/4" primaries.
Good plug wires.
Torque Techs 2 1/2" mandrel bent pipes with Walker "Hemi" Turbo mufflers.
Higher stall torque converter around 2,500- 2,900 rpm brake stall. also add a trans cooler
3.55 rear gears w/ a good posi.
Normal chassis upgrades:
Power Disc brakes, heavy duty KYB Gas-a- just shocks, 1 1/4" sway bar up front, close ratio power steering, good tires and anything anybody else can suggest.
Get ready to fly. You'll have a quick car with these few mods.
Hope this helps.
Bill

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try those new polyurethane engine mounts (Energy Suspension), they have interlocking flanges like the later model Chevys have, unlike the earlier ones which can be stripped apart under load. When I pulled my old 283 out to put in the ZZ4 I was surprised to find that both mounts had separated - there was nothing but gravity holding the engine in! I haven't noticed any increased vibration from them even though they are stiffer than rubber mounts.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. I failed to mention that I'm getting the engine from Sallee Chevrolet in Oregon and they are porting the heads and matching the runners for an estimated 385 horse power. Should be fun, I'll let you know how it runs!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.