Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information about Zora Duntov's 72 Chevelle? I have owned the car for about 4 months now and am gathering information daily. Any stories or memories of this car would be a great help.

Thanks

Tom Hendricks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I cant say that I know anything about that particular Chevelle (didnt even know it existed) but Id be interested in hearing how you came into it?? If you dont mind telling us. And maybe some specs on the car?

------------------

Mike Reeh
Gold #34
San Diego, CA

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is white. It is an unusual Chevelle. It is a Malibu 400, White on White. 402,auto,buckets,console,tilt,am-fm,disc brakes,air,and Zora added 73 style Corvette aluminum wheels. His wife Elfi drove the car until November of 94. I purchased the car in September of 99.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, time to get back to my job of asking stupid questions. Who's Zora Duntov? And what's a Malibu 400, I didn't realize there were different numbers (besides engine size, but this one has a 402). Thanks.

------------------
'72 350 Malibu
Team Chevelle #528

[This message has been edited by Rookie (edited 02-02-2000).]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Zora was the push behind most of the high performance hardware from Chevy. If I'm not mistaken, he's the "Z" in Z28, Z16 etc.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If I were you I would try to contact Elfi.
She still attends many of the big Vette shows even though Zora died several years ago.

Vette Magazine should be able to forward a letter to her if you sent one to them and asked them to forward it.

She is a cool lady. I think that she would gladly tell you stories and info about the car.

Many a Vette owner has stood inline to meet her and Zora and to get Zora to autograph their air cleaner or owners guide etc.

I meet them both several years ago at Carlisle.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have talked with Elfi about the car. She is super cool. She is my best bet on info but I was looking for anyone that had some real nuts and bolts info on the car, like any factory mods or paperwork left from GM

Thanks

Tom

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have talked with Elfi about the car. She is super cool. She is my best bet on info but I was looking for anyone that had some real nuts and bolts info on the car, like any factory mods or paperwork left from GM

Thanks

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.