Team Chevelle banner

Zbar parts location and directions

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Jim Mac 
#1 ·
I just received my zbar kit from GU and I think I have figured most of the stuff on where it goes like the white plastic socket type thing which I believe go inside the bar itself to act as a seat for the ball.

Question on the felt washer and where it goes?.

And the ball bracket mounts to the frame is that a self tapping type of bolt that I will need?

Thanks guys its obvious that I haven't dealt with a auto crossover to a manual so thanks for being patient

#2 ·
I figured out where or what everything is except the felt washer, where does it go?
I am guessing that it goes on one end of the bar but which end.

How much play from side to side should I have on the bar? I have zero to maybe 1/16" side to side movement.

When I get back from the daughters soccer game I will post a couple pictures of the fab work and maybe gets some opinions

Thanks

#3 ·
The felt goes between the end of the zbar and the frame clip.
In this picture the felt is next to the washer then the frame clip and past the frame clip you have a star lock washer and a nut.
I made mine pretty tight and made sure it had smooth movement when tight.

#4 ·
Whoa I forgot to thank you and also post my fab pictures. I had to make a bracket since I have a older engine without a place to screw in a pivot ball. I used a older bell housing off a 50's car. I had to make a bracket that would bolt to it and allow me to attach the zbar to it, it is tight fit but I guess it will work,
this is the bracket

and a few shots of everything mounted

Its not quite as square as I would have liked but I guess it will work

#11 ·
Trialsguy Bob.

You still out there???

I have questions about your homemade bracket fab.

How did you thread that into the bellhouse?

#12 ·
Ron, on that post with the picture it says he used a bell out of a 50s car. I guess its got holes already drilled. I just looked at my 58 car bell housing and there isnt any holes. jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.