Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We made it to the airport about 730 yesterday and Dr. Hisey loaded
Zac into the P51. After they got back in P51, they loaded up in the Skyraider and took off, but I was already airborn in the A26 by then.

These were all the videos I could take because I was also helping to load up the black A26 to leave for an airshow in Ft Smith.
I'll load some videos and pictures later that I took at Ft Smith.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Sweet!!!!!! I'm all about this sorta stuff!

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Can you adopt us Tom? My wife has always wanted to go for a ride in a plane that would do a loop and a barrel roll for her. She's the little daredevil. I'd just be happy with a ride in a P51 or something similar. Your son is one lucky guy.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi Tom!

I'm sure Zac is still smiling!! I have a question, though.

How does the P51 taxi without the prop moving it along? I'm no aviator, but I always assumed it was the prop spinning that pulled it around when on the ground??

Hope you guys are doing well!!

Andy

·
Registered
13,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tom!

I'm sure Zac is still smiling!! I have a question, though.

How does the P51 taxi without the prop moving it along? I'm no aviator, but I always assumed it was the prop spinning that pulled it around when on the ground??

Hope you guys are doing well!!

Andy
Andy,
That's just the way my digital camera shutter speed does. It just seems to be at about the same speed as a spinning prop. Also, the lighting conditions seem to affect the camera's shutter speed. Bright sunlight does not show a prop spinning as well as on a cloudy day. This condition can be adjusted on some cameras, but not on my digital camera. I do not have a regular video camera.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tom, did you happen to run into some friends of mine at the Fort Smith show. We sent an airplane down to sit static, and another of my good friends was the head pyro guy at the show.

·
Registered
13,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mat,
There was a -130 and a -135 parked just down the ramp from us.
We are one of the the VERY, VERY few old warbirds that allows people up in the plane for tours. Thus, all of us are busy all day long with spectators. I never even got a chance to go visit the -130/-135. But I sure wish I had known it was one of your planes------------I WOULD HAVE MADE A POINT TO TAKE TIME TO GO DOWN THERE!
I took one picture of our A26 and the B25 parked together and I'll have to look and see if the -130/-135 are in the picture.

Nope, sorry, I just looked at the pitcute with the A26/B25 and I didn't get enough of an angle to get the -130/-135 in the picture.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tom,
Very nice. I have the privilege of living in the same town as Dan Vance (son of Art Vance) who pilots the P51 "Speedball Alice". Just this last Sat. Dan made a very nice low altitude pass over our local high school's 100th year celebration.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yeah, we are the same way, even though there is really not alot to see inside of a -135 people will still wait in line for hours to go through it. I guess since most people never see the inside of a military jet, it still has some excitement for them. I was supposed to go to that show, but my oldest daughter had her dance recital last weekend instead, so instead all of my close circle of friends went without me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts