Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to get a nice driver while I work on my ragtop.then restore my driver when the ragtop is finished
There is a 70 velle on a car lot locally that I can get for 3k.I know its hard to get an idea without actually seeing the car but I will try to describe it in detail.

engine:
1972 chevy 350, recently rebuilt and cranks up at first hit of key.its slightly modified with headers, aluminum intake and a little bigger cam.it pulls good with no noise or dead spots.no sign of leaks

trans: th400,column shift, no leaks and no sign of slippage.

rear:12 bolt non posi, no leaks or noise

interior: good seats f/b (front bench) only needs a rear panel behind the seat where the speakers mount.shag carpet on it now
non a/c car. the interior is not mint,but is not an eyesore.replacement could wait for a few years.

body: needs quarter patch panels, you can see the bondo bubbles under the paint. needs a trunk floor pan, but all other body panels are o.k.the paint is not bad (red with white ss stripes) I would call it a 20 footer.

------------------
Michael
T.C. member # 758
ACES member # 4292

project>> 69 malibu convertible in pieces
>>----> love to bowhunt<----<<

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Mike, Is everything else there? Condition of chrome, windows, floor pans, etc. Based on my "vast"
experience I'd say based on the info provided it's a fair price.

------------------
Member# 1097
67 std camaro conv 327/210, 1978 annv vette, 1985 Z28 Camaro, 1970 Chevelle, challenged deer now in rehab, 00 grand prix,
www.chevelles.com/showroom/no1dc1.jpg

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
It's all relative. You're describing a $4-$5K car up here-supply & demand. Sounds pretty good to me.

------------------
71 Ragtop, finally under reconstruction!
MCC #347, TC (Gold) #174
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
69ragtop, I would rather you buy my 66'Malibu with a 396 from a 69 SS. Only 7500

Gutz

------------------
1966 ChevelleSS LS-7/4spd
1966 Malibu 396/4spd
1971 RS Camaro 396/4spd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.