Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the site and recently back into the muscle car scene. As a youngin I grew up around some pretty cool cars and had a few myself but then came marrage and a few kids in the carriage. My joke is the wifey domesticated me. After a few foreign luxury cars I'm finally back.
In march I purchased a 70 Chevelle with a 454. Since the purchase I have had to make some changes as well as some upgrades. A true work in progress.
I have read many threads but the relevant ones seem to be older and I would assume technology has changed some. Im looking into a suspension upgrade.
The hotchkis TVS stage 2 was recommended by my mechanic and I was down to do it because it seems to be a complete package and covers everything. but now I'm searching the Internet looking for comparable products. I've looked at the hotchkis, bmr, and sc&c. Can you guys please give your opinions as well as any recommendations.....

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
UMI Perf all the way for me .

I looked at various other companies
eg. BMR Fab. / Hotchkis / Edelbrock / Hellwigs / SC & C / HRPartsNStuff / Speed Tech .....
I would have purchased the UMI Perf 64-67 GM A Body Handling Package- Stage 2 # ABF403-64
except that the kit came with 1" lowering springs
which I did not want or need as I run OEM stock springs for the stock riding height.
I purchased the following from UMI Perf and found them to be
of the best looking & quality that I have ever seen/used;
1. UMI Perf 64-67 GM A Body Rear Lower Boxed / Adj Upper Control Arms # 402126
2. UMI Perf 64-72 GM A Body Solid Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit # 403534

Now to find time to install the winter's purchase from UMI Perf of the front end suspension kit
UMI Perf # 403133 64-72 GM A-Body Tubular Upper & Lower Front A-Arm Kit
and the Viking Front Coil Over Kit Double Adj # A205-550T plus Viking Double Adj Rear Springs .

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,125 Posts
what the others said. avoid that overpriced boutique stuff that doesn't do anything for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts