Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much nicer than the one we talked about last week with the wooden front frame horn, but this one is no creampuff either. Although, the SS dash carrier seems to have been spared from destruction. No matter...the seller already pulled that off the car and it's not included. Nice deal.

I'm thinking this one will go for at least $1500, but it's a $600 car to me...the fact that it's a no-title car is just icing on the cake.

1970 Chevelle

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Someone would have to be desperate to own an SS and buy into the L as all of the proof necessary for verification. Of course he had to throw in the possibility of it being an LS6, why not. I also like how the one remaining valuable SS part pictured in the ad is no longer with the car.

It's good business, strip it or part it out, then list the carcass on eBay so someone can pay him more than scrap value to tow it away. Besides, that saves him from buying acetylene and sawzall blades.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
If you E-Mail me, I can get you a $10.000 Rolex watch for ONLY $300.00.
With a proof of purchase receipt ! :surprise:
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
I would haul this car away for free. Frame, Vinyl top trim, some misc. hardware, 10 bolt would make it worth the time. Bone it and send it away.

The owner of this car as well as the last one we saw is essentially trying to get some pocket money and someone to haul his junk away. Now at $355.00, I would be backwards with my time to haul already. Maybe it will be a wonderful car one day? #48-48 car

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The seller says that he knows a guy in New York that can get you a title?
That sounds real legit.
NY is a non-title state for old cars. His guy in NY registers the car. He gives you a transferable NY registration and you can title it in your state. It's legal.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
NY is a non-title state for old cars. His guy in NY registers the car. He gives you a transferable NY registration and you can title it in your state. It's legal.
It is legal, but the way the seller is doing it isn't legit. If he was on the level he would have already done it. It would be interesting to find out how much the guy in New York will charge.

Steve R

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
It is legal, but the way the seller is doing it isn't legit. If he was on the level he would have already done it. It would be interesting to find out how much the guy in New York will charge.

Steve R
I wouldn't go through the trouble of registering a car that is basically scrap unless the seller asked for it. It would be a waste of money. Maine is a non-title state too and it's very common to see old cars that were dragged out of field like this one listed that way for sale. If somebody out of state buys it, we can register it so they can get a title. Otherwise nobody bothers.

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,678 Posts
:cool: We've all seen specialty cars (Z/28s, Camaro SS, AAR Cudas, etc.) that started out in worse shape than this one and were restored to near perfection, but really this one doesn't have a great deal going for it? I hate to see a collector "car" junked, but I don't foresee a bright future for this "car," and that saddens me

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,708 Posts
I would bet the 10 bolt rearend is original, it was probably a 307 car and looks like the crusher is calling its name, but then again I saved my 68

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
According to the ad the car has a 136 vin # which means that the body is a Malibu body or a Malibu body with the SS option ordered as an option. A Malibu would have anodized aluminum trim along the front fender, the door and the rear quarter. This car does not have that trim, making it appear to have been a SS optioned Malibu from GM. As far as I know the only way not to have those Malibu only moldings was to have ordered a SS car or a base Chevelle. In order to be a base Chevelle the vin number would start with 134. According to the seller this vin # starts with 136. Meaning SS or Malibu. The door panels in this car are the Malibu and SS style, not the base Chevelle style. If this car is a SS it would have automatically come with a 12 bolt rear. If it was just a Malibu it could have come with either a 10 bolt or a 12 bolt rear depending on what engine was ordered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts