Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd throw up a few progress pics of my car. My friend came over the past couple of nights and cut everything in. We are using R&M (Diamont) in the factory color of Code 58 Autumn Gold. I need to put stuff back together so I can load it up on the roll back Saturday morning for it's trip to the spray booth.

The pics don't really do the shine justice. I can't hardly wait for Saturday morning.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the finished product outside since it was dark when we got done Saturday night and it has been raining all day here. I plan on making CB08 with it...I regret now not registering for the feature car area. I have gotten nothing but compliments (so far) about the color and my decision to go back to stock. I still have a lot of hard work left and not that much time to get it done.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't start in about those quarters (LOL) and the painter? Well I don't know why he wasn't masked/suited up. We did it on a Saturday at his work. That paint booth has a incredible amount of air flow so there's little if any visible over spray hanging in the air. I guess that's why he's not wearing his gear.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
looks great Dave!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Don't start in about those quarters (LOL) and the painter? Well I don't know why he wasn't masked/suited up. We did it on a Saturday at his work. That paint booth has a incredible amount of air flow so there's little if any visible over spray hanging in the air. I guess that's why he's not wearing his gear.
Well you did a nice job on getting them POS to fit right. I'm tempted to cut off that lower section and graft in a lower patch panel. Still got my 1/4 just bolted on.

Lookin nice.

Got any shots looking down the 1/4 panels? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My buddy came over tonight and wet sanded most of the car.He has one of those D/A sanders that pulls water out of a bucket. The car has been sanded with 3000 grit, all except for the passenger fender and door. He's gonna come back over Wednesday and buff out the car. I will throw up some pics then.
As for the quarters....am I 100% happy with them? No, wish I'd waited on GM. I am not gonna dwell on it, the car does look nice and I sure can't wait to see it buffed out.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
you better hurry Dave, you only have 20 days :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts