Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've read all the entries in the tire database, and I just wanted to run the numbers by the experts before I bought expensive paperweights.

I have a 67 300 deluxe 2 door sedan. I am putting together the chassis around a 67 convertible frame with Global west upper and lower rear control arms (which should tighten up side to side movement) and a Moser rear end with willwood disc/drum parking brake set up that is supposed to be stock sized.
The distance between the outside of the axle flanges (where the hats contact) is 59 7/8" and the hats are 3/16" thick for a total width where the wheels contact of 60 1/4" . Since the body is not on the frame at the moment I can't really check the Back spacing. From what I've read it seems like I can get 17 x 10" wheels (I'm going with Stockton custom steel wheels) with 5.75" or 6" BS. I'm having the body guy remove the lip from the outside of the wheel well for what that's worth.

Just in case, what's the best way to move the lower shock mount inboard and what effect does this have on geometry?

Thanks, Reed

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
hey Welcome to TC but you should probably try posting your question in the appropriate forum to get a better chance of having it answered Also when folks like you do a search in the future they can find the info. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.