Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share what the ultimate problem resolutions were, and give some very large thanks to the likes of Elree Colby, John Muha, Jim Endrud and others for their help.

For those of you that did not read before, I converted to factory gauges from idiot lights in my '70.

One main problem was my ammeter, which I wired way wrong and fried it. That is now fixed and works correctly, thanks to Elree.

My fuel and temp gauges were not working properly because of the way the ceramic resistor and PCB are supposed to be hooked up, and I added a ground wire to each one from the bottom terminals for good measure. Attention to detail up front would have solved this problem.

My clock just had a wire hookup missing, again a little attention to detail would have saved me a lot of time later on.

Haven't tried my wipers yet, I think the motor's shorted but will get to that later.

Thanks again for the great help!
Mark

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I've received help in this forum before, these guys (mostly John in my case) know their stuff.

Life is good (and better when you know how much gas is in the tank...)

------------------
Cecil Hawkins
San Diego, CA
1971 GMC Sprint
The Project
All I need is time...and some $$$
"Tourist, go home! And take someone with you!"

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Thanks from me, but remember I'm only one person around here. There are many others that hang around here and try to help. I think I'm just more visible because I tend to try and answer the Monday morning questions. A lot of people don't seem to drive their cars except on weekends and the problems appear.
Later
John

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Now, now John.....don't be so modest!
You have ALWAYS been a great source of electrical info when we need it.

------------------
Gregg Haskin
72 Chevelle SS
ZZ502 Crated RAT
Muncie M-20 4 speed
TEAM CHEVELLE #726 ACES #4486
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"
“What the heck are all these extra nuts & bolts for?”

My 72 Chevelle SS Restoration Website: www.wcvt.com/~ghaskin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts