Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three 1972 Chevelles/El Camino they all use the same brass bushing on the wiper linkage. I can't find them anywhere. I've modified some 'HELP' brass that weren't quite the same but they last about a couple of month followed by the ball jumping out of the bushing. Any help?

·
Registered
423 Posts
What you may try doing is take one of the linkages (with bushings) to a local machine shop and ask them about making up a couple for you. Be friendly and state that it's something that they can do if and when they get some spare time. (kiss butt)

If you make sure that you wash off your nose, your friends will be impressed with what you manage to get custom made.

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference section
Gold Member #5

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Hey guys,
Don't work harder then you have to. I know that these are still available at the GM dealer. I know that GU and Year One have them. Check your handy YO catalog and give GM the number, you'd be surprised what they still have!

------------------
J.J. Fig
MCC member #256
Maryland Chevelle Club
Dad's 69 SS
Mom's 71 SS Convertible

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I got a set at the dealer in about 1993 for my 68. I saw a guy buy some at the dealer a year or so ago but I do not know what they were for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.