Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Concours 4 Door 327 2 Speed Powerglide
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in desperate need of a set of 1968 non b-pillar driver side doors. On January 7th someone turned into the side of my Chevelle and insurance is more than likely going to total out my car unless I can find these parts. I'm looking for a set of front and rear driver side doors with skins that are in decent condition. If you have any suggestions or leads on doors feel free to contribute!
Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive mirror

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I think that your doors are repairable, no doubt about it. Take whatever the insurance will give you and then find a good body man and have it fixed.

Good luck!
Claude.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try Desert Valley auto parts in Arizona, or car-part.com.

Reactions: LeoP

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I feel your pain as you can see from my nightmare photos. I'm pretty sure the damage to your car is repairable.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The cost to repair will greatly exceed cost of replacement parts, even with today's shipping. Unless you have Body Shop connections - i.e. Friends and Family in the business. And yes those doors appear very fixable, and they don't have the '70 up side Impact beams. I would try Joe Vega, in Sierra Vista. (AZ). I have toured his yard, more than once, and he did have quite a few four door shells.

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Was your door open when it got hit?
Yes it was. I had pulled to the shoulder of the interstate with a engine problem. Rush hour traffic moving at about 60mph. I opened the door and put one foot on the ground. I then turned to check traffic before stepping out to pop the hood and saw a car starting to leave the road and heading my way. I had just a couple of seconds to let go of the door and jump back across the bench seat as far as I could. Always be very careful on the side of any roadway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts