Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...My fuel pump, the old, stock unit, was leaking around the seam, so I replaced it. I bought a Holly Hi Perf. unit, its going on my 71SS, with 454 engine. I thought the pump arm looked different, but not having the old one any more to look at ( I threw it out already ) I thought maybe I was just imagining things. Well, when I went to start it, it took forever to get any gas up to the carb and fuel filter (clear so I can see the gas) When you push the pump arm by hand, with the pump out but hooked up to the gas tank, it squirts like crazy...but when its on the block, nothing comes out when you crank it..The pump rod is fine, its cycling in and out about 1 inch (I checked because I was worried about the cam) Im sure im getting the pump arm under the end of the push rod when Im installing it. So whats wrong? Could it be that the pump is for a small block? I dont know if they're the same pump or not. The box is marked correctly, but I suppose the pump may have been swithced by mistake. If anyone has ever had this problem, let me know. I suppose I should have just gone with an electric pump..I might still do that. Thanks much, John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Johnny,

What is the part number on that Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump?

------------------
William Roche
67 & 72 Chevelle Malibu's
ACES #130, Tech Gold #26

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.