769 Posts
I totally wish i had an SS with a 350!.

I'm so jealous, jump on that deal man!!! :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,010 Posts
He probably meant to say it confirmed that it is a real Chevelle!!!:D

· Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Last I checked, real SSs were.... oh why bother. Decent looking car from far away and straight on. I want to see more

bored at work.

· Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Here's the email I got back.....

I am finding out that is not for sure. I am looking to find out if there is a way to tell, some one said you need a build sheet but there isn't any way to get one of those. Unless it was built in Canada, then you can get one from what I'm told. If I find any thing out I will let you know, but it took forever to find the site to run the VIN. Now I have to find out if you can or can not just run the VIN to see if it is an SS.

· Premium Member
1,037 Posts
the email I received stated...

I'm not sure if it is still for sale, check in a week or so, I'll let you know then.

so oh well so much for the magical website...
At the poker table, we call that calling a bluff.

I think he folded.

· Premium Member
2,902 Posts
It seems silly to you guys...but that's because we love these cars and many of you have been around them for years and have made it a point to know lots of things about them most don't. Not everyone knows that you cannot tell an SS from the vin in 1970. I didn't before I found this site and I've owned a Chevelle for 17 years. That doesn't make it ok for him to lie about the website. There is a lot of knowledge on this board and many things that are obvious to you guys wouldn't be to the average person...like a seat belt light on the dash of a 72.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.