Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Another delusional ebayer...what a surprise. There's very little "Original" about that car...I'd assume it needs everything. Just from the pictures very little is right (or even done well) under the hood, it's had a bad paintjob sometime in it's life and needs possibly a right rear quarter. I'm still struggling with the comment that it's "mint". Mint what? Basically a 5 thousand dollar car if no further details are added.

Bill

·
Registered
910 Posts
That is not too far from me. If I was looking for a 70 I would probably go check that out. It was hard to pick just one, but this is my favorite quote from the ad:

Also Added was a Crate Roller 454 High Output Engine.Makeing the Engine a 501
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
looks like a good start for a nice car...if it's solid.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
nick554nick ( Feedback Score Of -1 )
I don't think I've ever seen a -1 feedback score on eBay. See something new everyday...

·
Premium Member
19,754 Posts
Maybe Carolina Blue? I see he's from Pittsburg:sad: :D
Pittsburg, Kansas. OBviously not a product of Pittsburg State University there. So many plural forms of a word uses an apostrophe s; ...care it deserve's...new tire's... wheel's...etc.

The 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle and Chevrolet Malibu line was tilted more heavily than ever in favor of Malibu models. In fact, the only model offered to start the model year were Malibus.
Gee, I didn't know that. :wacko:
The 1970 Chevrolet Malibu came in a variety of versions: Sport Coupe, Sport Sedan, convertible, and four-door sedan -- along with a pair of Super Sport upgrades. Later in the model year came a basic 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle, essentially a revival of the former 300 Deluxe; it was offered only as a Sport Coupe and sedan.
Guess they didn't start making Nomads, Greenbrier wagons, or El Caminos until sometime after he was born.

Sheetmetal revisions gave the bodies a more squared-up stance, and interiors were redesigned, too. Both SS 396 and SS 454 option packages were available for either the Sport Coupe or convertible. Of the 354,855 Chevelles issued this year, 53,599 had an SS option and 3,733 had the 454-cubic-inch V-8.
This is sad :(

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Just reading the ad it is clear that he is educated up the point of (barely) functional literacy and no more; it is probably not a huge stretch to assume that the same could be said for the family who gave him the car. Maybe they all actually think that stuff is true.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Ok, it's a given the owner is not very educated about Chevelles. But just looking at the pictures it looks like a fairly solid car. Sure it's got some rust in the one quarter. The car is 41 years old. What else can you expect? That car has less (visible) rust than the '71 does. Would you guys be saying these things if the owner was a member here? Just saying.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts