Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious what there worth.I have an ss gauge set with the 6,500rpm tach in perfect shape. The numbers are white and i think they are from 71. THANKS

·
Registered
246 Posts
6500 RPM redline tachs are for 70 LS-6 cars. I'd give you $15 bucks (cash!) for them and could probably turn around and sell them for $300-400 easy.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kevin,but from my understanding the 70 has green numbers and 71-72 have white .The numbers are definetely white and are not faded so do i have some freak gauge package.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
A '71 would have the part number on the back of the tach of 5657407 for LS6. You are right on the color of the lettering!

Sell it on ebay, thats the best bet. Start low, say $99 for example, (save $$ on listing fee's) and set a reserve of what you would like to get, let the buyers set the price. There's million's of people shopping ebay at any one time.

I have seen the whole dash assembly sell for 200-400 at swap meets.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You're absolutely correct with the number color thing but the highest redline available in '71 was 5500 (big blocks). There is however a place in the Carolinas that will re-silkscreen your tach to whatever redline you want - maybe that is the source of your mystery tach.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where are the numbers located the only numbers i see are on a worn sticker that says ac-made in the u.s.a.with a huge gj and also says pr1671013 i think?also at the top of the sticker real small it says6496596 i think? ,they are hard to read but there.The numbers on the circuit board say ped-1 and 8901487.thanks for the info.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
steve ,i cant get your e-mail.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 71 Camaro SS(402) that I'm restoring has the original tach in it.It has white numbers and it yellow lines at 5500 and red lines at 6500.
I would think they used the same tach in the Chevelle as the Camaro

------------------
Lynn Robinson
Pacheco, Calif.
64 Malibu SS, 71 Camaro SS
"Just Hit the Ball and Touch em All"
Team Chevelle Member #246

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.