Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to put my Wolfe spherical bushings in last night when I figured out the drivers side one won't fit into my 12 bolt. What have you done to solve this problem? Does anyone have any pictures?

I guess I need to grind on the housing some on the inside of the ear in order to make it fit. How thick is the material there? Any tips?

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Didn't need any grinding when installing those in my '70 12 bolt.
IIRC, I held the nut in place flush, and was able to thread the bushing end into it. I put a little Lubriplate (grease) in the housing ear bore to help the bushing thread easier.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will take a couple pics after work, but mine will definately need some clearancing. The material on the inside of the drivers side ear comes right up to the edge of the hole. If that makes any sense.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the body off still so I guess I will just hit it with the grinder tonight. I was hoping someone took pictures, but I guess I'm on my own there. I will document what I do. Thanks for the help so far. Any more input?

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Hmmm...I'm surprised at the differences in castings! Mine wasn't anything like what is shown. Plenty of room for the nut to sit flat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts