Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
I really don't think so.
I'm keeping the 4 I have & I think most others will.
If anything the lower $$ is less incentive to sell.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
MY Christal ball says ......... More BBC will be staying home ......

While US Small block guys will be enjoying more SMILES per Gallon :p

& besides it takes Dan all day to get that collectors piece out of the environment controlled vault !! ;) ROFLMAO :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
& besides it takes Dan all day to get that collectors piece out of the environment controlled vault !! ;) ROFLMAO :thumbsup:

It deserves to be there after being put away in a in a dirt floor no window garage in the middle of a war zone for 26years.:yes:

I sense jealousy:D

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
I agree with stand alone engines or blocks. BUT, someone with a burban or pickup may want to get rid of it!
good point:yes:

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I sense jealousy:D
Ok ......... maybe just a little bit :D

but I'm glade I didn't have it......... becouse I'd have done terrible things to it ...
just like all the other big blocks I owned over the years !!!!!!!

but MAN I sure enjoyed doing it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know I'm not the only one pissed off about these rising gas prices...($3.89 (87) / $4.11 (93 octane) but in my heart I know I just have to drive the Chevelle. I can't keep looking at it in the garage without going for a ride, especially w/ my boys.

Our 1971 Chevelle "Malibu 400" has a 402 BBC that gets 15mpg cruisin around town. I kinda spin the tires too, my kids love it. Heck my 03' Maxima only gets 19mpg.

Rather drive the Chevelle and spend $4.11 a gallon w/ my boys in the back seat for all the future memories. And maybe / hopefully they can do the same with their kids some day.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
Just wondering if BBC's will get cheaper? I'm not ready at the moment to drop a new motor, but if I could snag a bare block this summer, that would be nice.

Thoughts?

no..
sbc get 2-3 mpg better than a bbc
if both are worked over..
at 1000 miles per year for most peoples "toy" whats that an extra 50 buck.. a year

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
it's totally different for muscle cars than it is for pick ups and suvs...i don't know why people persist of buying more...i guess i'm a hypocrite b/c i drive a pathfinder, but soon i'm going hybrid for dail driver? most people's suvs have never seen dirt or gravel, which then makes no sense for them being so big and consumptious....

is consumptious a word?!?:confused:

·
Registered
154 Posts
MY Christal ball says ......... More BBC will be staying home ......

While US Small block guys will be enjoying more SMILES per Gallon :p

Over the course of a years worth of driving 1,000 miles which that is what i estimate most old car owners do and probably less. My 66 396 gets about 13-14 around town. I have a 327 65 vette which gets 15-16 around twon. At a difference of 3 miles per gallon. Thats a difference of 9 gallons of gas or $36.00 I would pay over a SB. Even if you have a SB that get double that difference then its $72.00 per year.

Give me a break. On all the $$ most of us spend on our cars that major chump change.

·
Premium Member
28,735 Posts
I will be drag racing less...used to cost $80-100 total for gas and entry fee for a day of drag racing,now its more like $200 (I have a 270 mile round trip)
I used to race 4-5 times a year,so now I will just buy more parts for the cars and go racing once a year
I can pull 22-24 MPG with the Grand National..might take that next time. Last time I had it out it ran a 13.98 @ 98 MPH on street tires.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I think I'll keep my handful of BB's as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts