Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Tom,
Go to Autozone or an auto parts store and buy the Hemleys shop manual for Chevelles. Mine is 69 - 72 Chevelle. It includes the wiring schematics for all those years. I would not be without mine. In fact, mine is dirty and worn in places ( tranny section ) so I am thinking of buying a new one just for show.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBchevelle:

I was wondering where the power feed wire
plugs into the fuse box for turbo 400.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't help with an exact answer, but anything that is a switched source will do fine. However, I'm pretty sure this is the 'kickdown' mechanism to which you are refering. If so, it will need to come off of say the IGNition terminal and then through a throttle postion controled switch. Beit on the carb, or below the gas peddle.

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, TH400, 3.73 posi,
13.1sec @ 105 MPH (poor 2.1 sixty foot and rookie tuning)
--will be racing at Chevellebration 2001!--
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tom,
The power feed you're asking about should come from the ignition cavity of the fuse block. I have not seen this information in any wiring schematics in the various service manuals. I did find it however, in the factory assembly manual for '69 Chevelle. I hooked mine up this way and works fine.
Dennis

------------------

·
Registered
158 Posts
some of them came from the fuse block but if the car has a clock it got its power from there, if you have a seperate orange harness with the kickdown and it has 2 plugs on 1 end, that end 1 pluged into the clock wire and the othe went to the clock i have dealt with this several times and all of mine were this way. Darryl

------------------

Two Things Dad Always said dont lend,, Your Car And Your Wife...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.