Team Chevelle banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having quite a time since the resto.Now when I use the blinkers the taillights go out and it usually blows the fuse.Had to run a grd wire from back of inst.cluster to body because that was coming alive when I turned the lights on.Have one sm braided grd from motor to frame&frame to wheel tub on frt right.and one from back of motor to firewall.Is there more? (67SS)

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Klmobo i had about the same thing on my 67 drove me crazy. The two grounds are all i have under the hood . I have none on my cluster. I traced mine down to the thin strip that gos under the seat.They are usely hard and fragle .I ran a test at the steering end plug with the other end unpluged under the rear seat. Then ran the test at the other end to test the strip and sure as heck it was bad.Got a used one as no one remakes this peice and know works fine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought this car it came with some new parts.The harness for the motor was for gauges(car doesn't have fac. gauges)could this be some of my problem? Tks for you help.

[This message has been edited by klmlobo (edited 09-02-99).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts