Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first problem is whenI turn on my headlights both of my turn signals come on in my dash.When the headlights are off they work fine. Ive checked my grounds,tried a new headlight swich and a new turn signal switch and still the problem ,By the way , are the side marker lights supposed to blink also when the blinkers are turned on?Another problem is I changed out my instrument cluster after this and now something is pulling enough juice from my battery and after turnig on my lights a couple of times there isn't enough volts to turn them on.I disconnected my neg. on my battery and put a test light in between and it barely comes on.Then I started disconnecting everything until I got to my fuses. I have a seperate fuse block for my elec. fans,msd,dist. and fuel pump and when I pulled the fuse for my dist. the test light went out.It's a mallory magnetic breakerless dist. Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen?

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
The side markers on a 68 don't blink when you use the turn signals. As for other years, I'm pretty sure they don't either.

-Joe Y.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First of all I changed my battery since the other one wasn't holding a charge long enough to turn on my lights more than 3 or 4 times.A new motortakes a toll on a battery when your first breaking it in because of the compression, plus I have an old starter on it so that doesn't help(thats also being replaced).
then I realized that my front parking/blinker lights were two-wire and neither was a ground,they are grounded when you bolt them to your front bumper, just like your back lights are when you pop them into the rear tail extensions,this is on a 69 ,I don't know about any others.My front bumper is off for restoration reasons and my lights are dangling and not grounded.I thought I checked all my grounds but the obvious was overlooked,thats what I hate about wiring, it can be something so simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.