Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well I just got a pair of chevelle power bucket seats. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to install it, and what voltage is required for the motor to run? I am going to test them at the lab I work at and I don't want to kill the motor (if not dead already). Any information will be helpful!

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The harness should have an orange with black stripe wire and a black ground wire. The ground wire may be missing as it is not part of the harness. It attaches to the relay mounting screw and the car floor. 12 - 14 volts is best but it will run on higher or lower voltages. Power + to the orange/bk and - to the black or frame.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the current at? I tried it at my lab yesterday and it dropped the power supply from 12V to 5V but the power supply was not meant for than 1A. The motor is continues, so I don't believe it is damaged. So what current would drive the motor? Also, when hooking it up to the car, do I just run a cable from the battery to the orange wire?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
You can get power from the horn relay. Use 10 ga wire and a circuit breaker. Mount the circuit breaker close to the horn relay. M&H has the accessory feed wire that connects to the circuit breaker. It has a grommet for the firewall penetration. Part #28215 for one accessory, #36861 for a three connection end, if you add power windows in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Elree Colby:
You can get power from the horn relay. Use 10 ga wire and a circuit breaker. Mount the circuit breaker close to the horn relay. M&H has the accessory feed wire that connects to the circuit breaker. It has a grommet for the firewall penetration. Part #28215 for one accessory, #36861 for a three connection end, if you add power windows in the future.
What type of circuit breaker should I use? I will be buying part# 28215 from M&H. All recommendations are welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So basically a 30A fuse inline with the power wire, correct?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
A 30 A fuse will work, however a circuit breaker is probably a better choice. A fuse is a one shot deal, when it blows you replace it. A circuit breaker will open on over amp condition, then in a few minutes it will reclose, good as new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts