Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Taylor battery disconnect switch as per their instructions. The battery is in the trunck as is the remote starter solenoid. The car has an internal regulated alternator. The positive cable goes in one side of the switch, then out to the remote solenoid. With the disconnect in the "OFF" position you can still hear the starter clicking as if there was a bad ground. With the switch "ON" the car starts no problem. I need to wire the car so it will shut off completely when the master switch is switched "OFF". Is this possible and if so, how can it be done? Thanks, Tony.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sounds like you have more than 1 wire coming off the battery positive connection or you have something tied to the positive cable before the cut-off switch.
Any wires running to the solenoid between the battery and the cut-off switch?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, the only other wire coming off the positive side is the wire run to the alternator. The solenoid on the starter has the copper jumper plate which was necessary to use the remote solenoid in the trunk. I have a 14 awg wire running from one side of the remote solenoid but it's too cold out now to trace it. I remember it goes forward to the engine bay somewhere?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
It's the run to the alternator that's probably doing it. I'm guessing that the radio still works when the master cut-off switch is off. Just thinking of things that are easy for you to look or answer while it's cold.
Think I see the problem but check that first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts