Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use my windstar fans and run them off of a switch....not temp controled. I was planning on running 2 30 amp relays with a switch in the car to turn them on(2 switches to turn the fans on independently). My problem is I am forgetfull as hell. I bought a buzzer from radio shack and want to have the buzzer come on when the primary fan is not on and the ignition is on. Make sense? Do they make a "reverse" relay? that supplies juice when its not getting juice. I could wire the power switch to the fan as the switch going in and use juice of the ignition as the power out going to the buzzer. Any ideas? as you can tell I aint got a clue about wiring. TIA

Philip

[This message has been edited by ratlover (edited 07-19-2002).]

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
You relays should have both NC and NO contact sets. Just wire the power for the buzzer through the NC contacts and the fan through the NO contacts. That way the buzzer will sound till you flip the switch and turn on the fan, at which point the buzzer will quit.

------------------
Dave Bradley
www.corvetteforum.net/classics/d1_bradley
'69 SS396 ragtop
'33 3W Coupe
'65 Vette BB Roadster

[This message has been edited by d1_bradley (edited 07-19-2002).]

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by d1_bradley:
That way the buzzer will sound till you flip the switch and turn on the fan, at which point the buzzer will quit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I want her to do. So I just need to go to radio shack and get a relay that cuts juice when it gets power right? I'm having a bit of trouble following the lingo....or can you take the same relay that supplies juice when it gets juice and wire it different so it only supplies juice when it dosnt get juice?

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Yes, you can do it with the same relay. However, most relays are the cheaper 4 pin NO (normally open)ones. You need to find one with 5 pins. The extra pin is NC (nromally closed) this is where your buzzer would go.

chris

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It all make sense now....I've just seen the 4 posts. Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts