Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find the split male spade connecters that are used in the wiring harness plug that goes into the fire wall?

·
Registered
242 Posts
NAPA sells a variety of GM (Packard Electric) terminals. I think that this is what you want.

Just get the part number and take it to the local NAPA store. If they don't have it, they can order it. Price was about $3.00 for 5. Hope this helps

------------------
Ken<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Aces # 125<LI>Team Chevelle # 586[/list]My 67 and other projects

[This message has been edited by KEN67RAT (edited 01-12-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I know of 2 sources for these connectors. One is a company called HI-LINE I don't know if they are nation wide. If you have access to a Thomas Register you can look it up. The other is Au-ve-co products Covington, KY 41017 or Reno, NV, their part # is 8776 for 18 to 14 Ga wire. The female connector is 8774.

OK Napa will be the place to get them. Now I know three sources.

[This message has been edited by Elree Colby (edited 01-12-2001).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was looking for. I am making a new harness for my 68 Elko and everywhere I asked (except Napa)they would look at me like I was crazy. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Theres an auto parts chain here called PEP Boys that sells them. I don't suppose you have them there?

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have Pep Boys here but they did not carry the split male spade terminal like the NAPA #784490. It's the only one that will lock in to the harness plug.

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
I too went through this and by chance went to our local GM parts counter. They had a wiring area where they had ALL of the little GM connectors, clips, splices......
They also had the resupply vendor from whom they could get more.

They were not cheap but theyhad it all.

Also, John Deere (tractor folks) use the same connectors, electrical parts as the older GM vehicles. They too have been a great source.

------------------
Team Chevelle # 279
ACES # 3493
Cdn. Classic Chevelles and Beaumonts # 356
70 Chevelle SS 454/1966 427 Corvette
Fort McMurray,Ab. Canada

1 - 7 of 7 Posts