Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to verify ---- The front lamp harness has a wire with a cloth type of cover. This connects to the engine wiring harness --- right? KABOOOM!!!

------------------

·
Registered
368 Posts
White cloth covered wire is the resistance wire feed for the coil +. It's part of the engine wiring harness which is the right half of the front-of-dash pass-through. It is not connected to the forward lamp harness.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

·
Registered
321 Posts
The cloth covered wire on the LAMP harness goes to the temp sender in the engine head.

The lamp harness (at least on a 70) runs along the left inner fender well. The cloth covered wire should be positioned just about adjacent to the temp sender on the driver's side engine head.

Cloth covered for heat (ex manifold or header) protection.

[This message has been edited by michael j (edited 04-14-99).]

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I follow you both. Thanks. The white cloth wire I don't have since my wiring harness was modified for HEI, and I understand the black cloth to be the temp sender. So, in other words, is it correct to say that the ONLY connection between the engine wiring harness and the front lamp harness is where they both meet at the firewall and plug in? The connector labeled "front lamp" that I received is confusing me. Thanks again.

------------------

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bob,

Sorry for the delay, I've been camping in the cold and wet along the banks of the Ohio river... motorcycle trip... brrrrr.

Anyway, the only thing that the engine harness and the forward lamp harness have in common is that they sit next to each other in the firewall connector plug. The only connection that forward lamp harness has to the engine is the temp sender as we discussed and the connections to the alternator (one fat red, one two wire plug).

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.