Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a Sunpro triple gauge set and I have a question on the wiring part for the lights.The lights that plug in the back have 2 wires a black and red.my question is where will they go in the fuse box so that they work with all the other dash lights as far as on/off and dimming?Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't even run my gauge lights through the fuse box directly. I would just find one of the many wires that go to your dash lights and tie into that, you shouldn't have any problems if you do this.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't there a way I can hook them in the fuse box?What gauge wire should I use for the Volt gauge?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey John I knew you would jump in and help.The gauges I have are mechanical,the diagram Elree is showing is for electric.The oil and temp I can get ,its the Volt gauge and the lights are in question.First can I put all the red wires from the little lights in the LPS spot in the fuse block and ground all the black wires to the same spot?Second on the volt gauge,am I just putting one wire on the positive side of the battery and one on the negative side?Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't there a way I can hook them in the fuse box?What gauge wire should I use for the Volt gauge?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
“First can I put all the red wires from the little lights in the LPS spot in the fuse block and ground all the black wires to the same spot?”
Yes, but “chain” the lamp wires together the same way Elree shows the electric meter wires. That way only one lamp wire goes down to the fuse block. Same with the lamp ground wires. “Chain” them together so you only end up with one wire going to the dash ground.

“Second on the volt gauge,am I just putting one wire on the positive side of the battery and one on the negative side?”
Not quite. It’s really not necessary to run the ground wire back to the battery. Just find a good clean spot on the dash just like the lamp ground. No, don’t tie it to the battery. The gage will always be active and over a long period of time will drain the battery. I believe Elree’s diagram shows it going to the IGN terminal on the fuseblock. That way it gets turned off when the key is off.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I got all my gauges hooked up yesterday and everything is good so far.I ended up putting all the red wires from the lights together to one wire and running it to the LPS in the fuse box and the same way with the ground wires.This won't have an affect on the brightness of the lights will it? :confused:

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
May have some effect but with all new lights you shouldn't notice it. The LPS terminal is controlled by the headlight dimmer switch so adjust that to where you want it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts