Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1970 wiring diagrams for camaro, chevy 2, elco, chevelles and the vettes. I would be willing to scan it in and create a pdf file for anyone who is interested.

This would be a freebee, just figured why pay for it if you can get it for free
. Free is what I'm all about these days. So let me know, is it something you guys would be interested in?

------------------
1970 chevelle
406 - TH-350 - soon to be 411's
engine
Interior

"I didn't get pulled over for going over the speed limit, i got pulled over for getting there faster than anyone else"

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would, Thanks.
The colour codes don't change much from year to year on these models and the basic wiring practices are also very common in these years.
I could use an Assembly Manual for a "72 Chevelle" while your at it, too.

Thanks again
John

------------------
"69" CAMARO SS-350-4
"72" MALIBU SPORT COUPE 350
"76" ELCAMINO 350
"91" RS T-TOP 350

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well all I have is the wiring diagrams for 70, I should have it done in a day or 2.

I'll get the email addresses from who ever wants them and send them off…

Anyone else?

------------------
1970 chevelle
engine
Interior

"I didn't get pulled over for going over the speed limit, i got pulled over for getting there faster than anyone else"

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
John Dane
Watch yourself if you try using a 70 schematic to troubleshoot a 72. Chevy moved around how power is routed under the hood. That's why the horn relay changed. Power to the bulkheads is different, the TCS is a mess. Inside the car has that seat belt warning system which has created strange problems. It's a little odd to work on compared to the other years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 72 as well, and while I'm not looking to wire everything back up, I would like to figure out what the spagetti is up in the engine compartment...I bought this car mid-project (owner suddenly deceased) and I'm left trying to figure what goes where...Online searches are fruitless, and Haynes/Chiltons aren't very good...so the 70's diagrams may be my best bet...So the short of it is....I'd like a copy as well please

------------------

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the engine compartment done already, I'll probably end up doing it by car because the size of the file might get to bulky so to the guys that want the chevelle one you should have mail shortly.

John, would it make sense to post this some place on the site? This is valuable info that everyone should have. I didn't pay for it so why should evryone else? Thoughts on this would be great. I also have the 70 camaro for our sister site if needed?

You guys have scratched my back before so I'm trying to do the same…

edit: To you guys that aren't computer savy. you will need to download acrobat reader from adobe.com for you system (mac, pc etc.)

------------------
1970 chevelle
engine
Interior

[This message has been edited by 406_70_velle (edited 02-26-2002).]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks John, Ill do a search on that TCS, And I just had a bout with Seat belt wires they were a pain when puting in the new carpet. In fact, you wouldn't happen to know if the assembly manual spells out how to install those do you? I have not cut the new carpet yet there just under there for now.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Now this bothers me...When i posted my wiring diagram for my 68 i got jumped on about copywrights and other junk.Also when someone else asked where they could download schematics for their cars for free they also got jumped.Whats the deal?

Paste this in the brower window and for you guys that complain,don't complain to me.
But as always you didn't get it from me.
http://geocities.com/supersport396_2000/ss396/68wd.gif

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SSSHHHHH!!!!!

------------------
1970 chevelle
engine
Interior

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 406_70_velle:
John, would it make sense to post this some place on the site? This is valuable info that everyone should have. I didn't pay for it so why should evryone else? Thoughts on this would be great. I also have the 70 camaro for our sister site if needed?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I already mentioned earlier this week that this site nor the Camaro site would host schematics. This are reproduced under license from GM. So how is this different than copying software?
No way is Al going to risk what he has built allowing these to go up. What you guys do at home is your business, but could you be a little quieter about it. Yeah, I'm getting tired of debating this.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Yeah, I'm getting tired of debating this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHOA!!! I wasn't looking to start anything. I didn't even know that there was another post about this. I respect the fact that AL doesn't want to risk anything. Jees ask a question and get jumped on

Al are the connections the same between the guages and the idiot lights? Or is it because the guages were a special package?

------------------
1970 chevelle
engine
Interior

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Here's the thread I referred to. If I sounded like I got on anyone's case, I am sorry. I tried a while back to get something done about hosting schematics and started a ruckus with the administration on both sites. I don't want that to happen again.
If someone chooses to host these on their computer or email them around I don't personally care. They are, however, GM's property.
One might remember that this isn't just "Team Chevelle". This is a forum that is open to the world. When I write something here it is not only read by members but a lot of people who are not registered. They not only read this stuff but utilize the search feature looking for information. Not a week goes by that I don't get an email about some problem. Some of these are from people who are not registered members or I suspect are not registered members. Hard to tell because hardly anyone uses their real name anyway. I just answer things the best I can. Just my opinion. http://www.chevelles.com/forum/Forum22/HTML/001608.html

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fair enough john, I understand you point and I'm sorry if I took your post the wrong way. I'll drop it here, you have mail though…

------------------
1970 chevelle
engine
Interior

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like a copy of the wiring diagrams you have.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 406_70_velle:
I have a 1970 wiring diagrams for camaro, chevy 2, elco, chevelles and the vettes. I would be willing to scan it in and create a pdf file for anyone who is interested.

This would be a freebee, just figured why pay for it if you can get it for free
. Free is what I'm all about these days. So let me know, is it something you guys would be interested in?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts