·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
934 Posts
Rich,

Wiring diagrams are in the assembly manuals ($30) or you could buy just the wiring diagrams ($6) from most parts houses.

I recommend the assembly manual, you get alot of useful info.

------------------
Bob (Pa.)

1963 Impala 283
1966 Chevelle SS 409
1969 Malibu 307
1972 Malibu 307
1969 Chevy stepside 350

Bob's 409 Chevy Page

http://members.spree.com/entertainment/mr409/bob_s_409_chevy_page_index.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
try your local library ihave found diagrams for many makes there. note u will have to photo copy these because they usualy are not aloud to leave the building

·
Registered
49 Posts
At swap meets there is always one guy that sells service manuals or Year One has them. What year do you need? I have the book for 67.

------------------
Scott Trufant 1967 Malibu 1967 Elcamino and still looking for a 1967 Wagon. Doesn't hurt to have one of each!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Assembly manuals can give you some basic wiring diagrms, they are located in upc section 12. These diagrams are for base line models only and do not show wiring for options (like guages, tachometer,ect.). Additional wiring for AC can be found in upc section C60.If you know all of the options that you have, you may be able to find the harness part numbers in the assembly manual. If you have the part numbers, you may be able to get diagrams from Delphi Packard Electric(the company that made the harness),the number is 1-800-PACKARD (1-800-722-5273).I have not tried to get diagrams from them,so I don't know if they will "give" them out. You can also buy terminals and connectors from them, (you need to know the part numbers of the terminals or connectoers, so you may have to order a product handbook to find what you need). I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hey Rich did you get your 70 chevelle from a guy that sells dodges in merrit Island?

------------------
1965 Chevelle
Maroond
The Motors done.. workin on the body now.

http://www.geocities.com/mmnorm/

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
am looking for the tranny kickdown/cowl solenoid/idle solenoid for my 70

bought the car from a guy 25 miles south of MI (where I live) in melbourne...
is there one for sale in MI?? lemme know.. i will check it out and post my impressions in case someone is looking!

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agree with mr409 - get an assembly manual.
I bought wiring diagrams from a supplier and have a repair manual, and got an assembly manual for Christmas - all the wiring diagrams in all 3 places are identical, but the assembly manual is the most useful overall.

------------------
Gotta have a Chevy !In Durham N.C.
Make it look the way you like it, forget what the other guys say! :D

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Rich

I have the 70 Chassis Service Manual, the Assembly Manual and Wiring Diagrams for complete chassis from Year One. None of which have the diagrams for the cowl induction nor M40 kick down (detent).

The assembly man. shows that the switches for the cowl induction and the M40 trans. kick down both mounts on the same bracket on the accelerator linkage. It doesn't show how to mount both switches at the same time. The Service manual shows the kick down switch mounted on the carb.?

The idle solenoid gets power when the ignition switch is on. All my wiring diagrams show it connect at the bulkhead at the same location as the coil. I checked two harnesses I have one from a 70 Chevelle S/W the other from a 70 Monte. On both the idle solenoid is connected at the bulkhead to the same location as the TCS relay. Both get power when the ignition is on. The assembly man. shows the idle solenoid on the M40 trans. "Deleted"

Bottom line: All of the manuals/diagrams have useful information. None will be clear on the information you need.- This is my interpretation of the information.-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.