Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys on my 1970 wiring diagram I'm showing different color wires.

My car is an original 307 car, what would the basic ground up wiring diagram be?

------------------
1970 chevelle
406 - TH-350 - soon to be 411's
406velle

2 yrs into a rebuild and still breaking things twice and fixing it on the third.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not sure where you are seeing the discrepancies. M & H Wiring doesn't show different harnesses between a 307 & 350. They should be the same.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, one of my friends told me that there were different diagrams. I dont see a 12 guage purple on the diagram that is coming out of the fuse block. Or there is a purple wire with a yellow stripe I cant seem to find.

------------------
1970 chevelle
406velle

2 yrs into a rebuild and still breaking things twice and fixing it on the third.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sure the purple is coming out of the fuse block and not from the inside bulkhead connector? The fuse block goes over the bulkhead connector and the wire may appear to come from the fuse block. A purple wire down there would be the wire from the Neutral Safety Start switch to the bulkhead connector.
Don't recall a purple/yellow wire off hand. Where is it located? Could it really be a purple/white?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry your right the 12 guage wire is coming out of the bulkhead connector (engine side of firewall).

And as far as the smaller wire goes it is under the dark blue wiper wire.

I dont have the diagram infront of me so please have some patience, frickin work i always getting in the way of my restoration

------------------
1970 chevelle
406velle

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
If you are still talking about the purple/yellow wire, still don't recall anything around the wiper motor. No schematics with me either. There is a blue/yellow up there which I think is wiper motor 12 volts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts