Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a 70 el camino 350. Neither the blower motor, or the a.c. was wired up, when i bought it,,,since then, ive removed the A.C components
and now i want to wire the blower motor just for the heater, I have a wiring diagram that tells me how to wire it, only if i have air. can i just ignore all the A.C,wires? or do i need the relays and resistors that the air was connected to.
any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
You'll need a lot of the AC wiring and relays to keep the blower motor functional. The relays and resistors are responsible for the different speeds the blower motor can run at. You'll also need to keep the vacuum line to the intake intact, because all of the doors and flapper valves inside of the AC ducts are vacuum powered, just like the flapper door on a Cowl Induction SS.

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Columbia University
New York, NY.
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: drive.to/chevelle
ICQ UIN: 3923441

·
Registered
262 Posts
Zak

On an a/c car the blower motor is powered by the A/C wiring harness. If this harness is missing you have two options,
1. install the harness and the associated relays (you can ingnore parts of the harness such as the compressor wire) or
2. Convert your car completely to non A/C, this will involve such things as changing the blower switch and heater box selector and also possibly your heater box.

I suggest you keep whats left of your a/c and get the a/c wireing harness, it's easier and you never know, some day you may want to reinstall the rest of the a/c system.

Good luck

Clark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for everyones advise on my wiring delema,, i guess ill be looking for the relay, resistors, and misc.ac harness's, since i no longer have those parts. I fabricated the evaporator core to lay flatter to the firewall, by cutting it and applying a fiberglass panel to it, and in the process, i tossed it. (kickin myself)
Thanks again for the help

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.