Chevelles.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Looks like the plug for a Turbo 400 kickdown switch. It'll be on the drivers side. The metal clip would attach to the bellhousing bolt.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Chris. My car is a '70 but I believe the T400 is a '66. I see the switch on the drivers side by the shift linkage but it only has 1 blade and the wire in question has two female slots. Should the switch for a '70 have 2 blades?

If this wire goes to the drivers side of the tranny I am thinking it shouldn't run thru the trough on the firewall. I don't think it would be long enough.

·
Super Moderator
9,475 Posts
70 has 2 blades. I for kickdown and 1 for TCS

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Thx Chris. My car is a '70 but I believe the T400 is a '66. I see the switch on the drivers side by the shift linkage but it only has 1 blade and the wire in question has two female slots. Should the switch for a '70 have 2 blades?

If this wire goes to the drivers side of the tranny I am thinking it shouldn't run thru the trough on the firewall. I don't think it would be long enough.
Correct, It runs down the firewall just before the wire trough as you call it.

·
Super Moderator
9,475 Posts
Clamps to the bell hosing of the automatic.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx guys. The T400 is a '67, not a '66 like I said. Since my switch only has 1 blade can I buy a 2 blade switch for a '70 T400? Did the earlier transmissions not have the kickdown or the TCS? Open for suggestions?

Thx

·
Super Moderator
9,475 Posts
Early ones did not have the TCS. TCS activates in 3rd gear. Cannot recall what is different in the trans for it. Others may chime in or post a new question in the Transmission Forum.

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
429 Posts
I have the same issue, ATI sent my TH400 for my 70 with the 1 blade kick down switch, my wiring is for the 2 blade switch...my question to you transmission people is...what does it take to change the kick down switch to the correct one to match the plug. Is this just a simple project or do you have to go into the transmission, my TCS is long gone and I'm currently using the 2 prong plug on a 1 prong switch, and it occasionally drops off which can be a PITA

·
Super Moderator
9,475 Posts
Read here and follow the links within.

·
Super Moderator
9,475 Posts
Here's one of the solenoid.

·
Super Moderator
9,475 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts