Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to find out which replacement harnesses I need, for example the engine harness, some include w/guages, w/flashers, etc. my 69 chevelle was pretty much gutted when I got it. any help would appreciated..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hold the computer closer to the car so I can see, Just kidding!
there are are 5 major harnesses throuhout the car there is the forward lamp harness which controlls all the lights up front and horn then the engine harness, they are different depending on what engine you have, big block , small block or 6-cyl. Then the dash harness it comes with the fuse box it goes to everythin in the dash and all the other harnesses plug into it. they are different depending on if you have gauges or lights, with or without seat belt warning etc. Then ther is the intermedate harness, this goes from the dash harness , runs under the carpet then into the trunk. The tail light harness plugs in to this. I got all my harnesses from National Parts Depot. they look , and function like my originals. The best thing to do Is give them a call, they will tell you which ones you need for your car, there are a few different ones for the dash, depending on what you have.

Good luck!

Jeff

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dusty
If your car had AC then I think your going to need the AC harness also. In most chevelles this was a separate harness also.

------------------
Clark
TC #68
Ft. Polk, Louisiana

·
Registered
337 Posts
The A/C harness is part of the engine harness. You just have to specify wether or not you have a/c when you order one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.