Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn 'em off they go to the park position and then lift and drop about 15 degrees over and over and over.

Any ideas?

------------------
My Elky Page Updated 7-21-00
"Think for yourself. Don't let popular opinion make your decisions for you."
Chad Landry
TC Member #643
'68 El Camino

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the same problem. Actually I've had the problem all summer and never did anything about it since I don't drive in the rain. But boy is it aggravating. I've heard it could be the washer pump, poor grounds, or the wiper motor itself (which is reponsible for parking the wipers). Consensus seems to be that it is not the switch. So I guess I'm with ya, man. Save us Coppertop!

------------------

Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
-------------------------
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom to achieve a measure of 'safety' deserve neither freedom nor safety."

·
Administrator
16,156 Posts
It sounds like the contacts that break the ground aren't opening. Take the washer assembly off and watch the motor while someone shuts it off and you will see an arm come out and grab the gear. When it pulls all the way down it should open the contacts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
if you look at the top of the wiper motor toward the firewall, I think you will find a small set screw with a jam nut on it...
adjusting the set screw (very very little) should make the wipers park...

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Pull the plug off the washer part of the motor assembly (the fluid pump). Now try your wipers again. If they still do it, and the contacts are clean on the motor connections and it has the little ground strap/or a good ground, the motor is to blame. You can try the above info, but usually there's not a whole lot for a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to motor repair. Don't toss your old motor though, even if it is bad in case you have trouble later on and need a comparison.

Been there done that.

Joe

------------------
Creator of Team Chevelle's RADIO TECH for original audio questions and answers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts