Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '70 SS today, got it home in the garage and was going over the necessary items for inspection/registration of the car. Once I turned on the wipers and tried the washers, the wipers refuse to shut off. I pulled the plugs off it to stop them. I suspect that the switch is shot - any ideas?

What's a good source for a new one as well as a new Front bumper? Is it better to rechrome this one or get a new one?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Usually the washer unit is bad/worn. Replace for about 15 bucks. I'd rechrome the bumper is it is straight. tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's a good source for rechroming bumpers? do you just look in the yellow pages in your local area?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Check your ground first on the wipers. I just bought a switch from Year One. I also bought a new front bumper from Ausleys for $279.00. It looks great. Most guys around here (Phila) want that much to rechrome them.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Hey Berry,
I purchased new bumper's for my 70, I wish I had my old one's rechromed. The new one's are made of a much lighter gauge of metal, they weigh about half as much as the original's. I'd have your old one's redone.
Luckily I still have my original's which I plan on having redone, ask around at cruise night's or car show's in your area to see what place's other's have used for rechroming. Good luck, Narti.

------------------
Nick P.
Team Chevelle Gold #36

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Berry, when you figure out the wiper problem, LET ME KNOW!! I've been chasing thie same probalem around for a while now. Switch replaced ( with a used one, maybe that's it ), put the gasket back on, had the motor rebuilt. Total enigma. If I get it solved I'll email 'ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.