Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Have new M&H Wiring on my '65 Malibu and a new rebuilt wiper motor. Everything works but the wipers. I think the wiper switch is original but not sure. Is there any way to test this switch before I spend $60 to try a new one?
It's a 2 speed motor with washer. There is current coming to the switch. Also, is there a possibilty the motor isn't grounded properly?
Am helpless when it comes to electricity! :confused:
Thanks,
John
1965 Malibu
TC #144

·
Registered
242 Posts
The switch is the ground for the motor, it must be grounded for the motor to work. Here is a post with some information that might help.
http://www.chevelles.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000651
To test the switch,with the switch on low, there should be continuity between the housing of the switch and the blades on the switch that the light blue and black wire go to. With the switch on high, there should be continuity between the housing and the blade on the switch that the light blue wire goes to.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken,
Thanks for the help - you were right on the money.
My brother-in-law came over today. He ran a continuity test, the high position didn't check out. We also noticed a whiff of smoke from the
wiper motor. Also, a blown fuse. Have the motor out and will send it back to D and M Restorations for a looksee.
Thanks again!
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts