Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for help on identifing what type of wiper motor I should get for my 72 Chevelle ragtop, 350, auto, a/c, non SS, but I have installed a SS hood. When I bought the car it had no wiper motor,just the arms and blades. I have been seen in various catalogs that there are 2 types; concealled and non concealled. Thanks Rick

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you use concealed wiper motor {the round can}you need the arms for same and the stainless strip at the base of the windshield for hidden wipers...FRED

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the stainless strip along the bottom of the windshield, and it appears to provide a resting place for the wipers when concealled, THANKS

·
Registered
71 Posts
Both types used the stainless strips at the base of the windshield, but only the concealed had the resting ledge for the blades. It was about twice as wide as the other also. Even if that piece were missing you can still tell what type motor it came with if the wiper transmission is there. Concealed uses a pivot pin that attaches to a second arm on the driver wiper arm. Non-concealed didn't have the pivot arm.........GT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.