Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good source to rebuild/repair a 1970 wiper motor? I have a good core.

Also, does this interchange with other years, models? I have the round silver cannister type of motor with the concealed wipers. Are there any part numbers I should look for and are they date coded?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kevin
I'm not sure of a place that can rebuild them,, but I'm sure you can still get them through G.M, just over a 100 bucks.
hope this helps
Dan

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I picked up a new one (round can - concealed wipers) with lifetime warranty from Parts America for around $20. The one I had to replace was not original anyway.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~adams.6/chevy.htm
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I didnt think GM would still have them.I got one quote from Walsh Wiper for $135 which I thought was a little steep. I am waiting for a quote from D and M. Mine is original (I think) so I'd like to keep it, but for the price I'll also try GM and Parts America, thanks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You might try OPG. They show a picture of the "round canister type". Say's AC Delco replacement, for $155. Is it new or rebuilt???
Sorry gang,I don't have the GU book handy.

Another possibility is if you have an AC Delco Service Center in your area go to them.
Last year I got a rebuilt AC Delco unit for ~$50 ( don't remember exactly but I was very surprised and happy at the price) and it included the washer pump also. The only negative was it was panted all black. The other surprise, NO trade-in so I still have my original unit.

I also thought I saw a "rebuild kit" once upon a time in a catelog but can't find it so maybe I didn't.

Good luck,

------------------
Bill Taylor
Merrimack, NH
TC Gold Member #73
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/BillTSS70-2

·
Registered
174 Posts
I need a new wiper motor for my 66, original one is tost, new one is 115 bucks and rebuilt is 50 but the rebuilt one says it is 1 speed??? was gonna ask sort of same question but since you did ask before me Kevin i will ask in a reply. never thought about asking GM if they had then anymore. i am gonna call later on in the week i think.

------------------
OWNER OF 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9801/ Check out page dedicated to resto of my chevelle. still being made

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I scraped the grime off my wiper motor and located a small part number that shows it is the original wiper motor. It worked fine when I took it off but while cleaning it up I broke the three prong electrical connector. I would like to buy a new connector and fix it myself and also retain the originality. Does anyone know where I can get parts or this motor?

·
Registered
648 Posts
i bought a rebuilt from a local discount as was mentioned above. it was the same number as the my old one but i'm not sure that was original. cost was $50 with a lifetime warranty. good insurance against getting cought in the rain. good luck john

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our local parts houses here carry both models. The round can and the flat housing for the 66. Kragen Auto Parts even still carries them. The price for the flat model is around $40.00 and the round is around $75.00

------------------
Lynn Robinson
Pacheco, Calif.
64 Malibu SS, 71 Camaro SS
"Just Hit the Ball and Touch em All"
Team Chevelle Member #246

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.