Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 65 Malibu with I believe to be a one speed motor. I got a new wiring harness form M&H for the engine. The yellow wire that connects to the wiper motor has 12+v on it, even if the key is off. Is this correct. Is there some sore of ground strap for the wiper motor or is the switch the ground source? The reason I ask is the switch is not mounted yet, thus the motor wont run until I ground it at the firewall. Any help much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Yes the switch grounds to the dash to complete the circuit. The motor also grounds to the firewall. When the wipers are shut off a switch inside the motor completes the circuit to ground to run the motor until it reaches the park position. The power, black/yellow wire, should have 0 volts with the ignition off. The radio, wipers and heater are on the same power feed from the ignition switch.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well your never to old to learn. After my 65 year old dad asked the question "You got the key off" or on ACC. Sure enough it was on ACC. So now thats figured out. Wipers do work now but it seems the washer is running all the time. Any thoughts on why?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts