Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am going to replace the AC Delco wiper motor/washer pump on my 1970 Chevelle. The model number of the original is 4939300. I ordered one of the "detailed" delco pumps off of ebay and it is a different model number (4960754) and appears slightly different. The nozzles where the washer lines attached also are at a 90 deg angle (black) instead of straight like the original (white). I have not tried to put it on the car yet but was just wondering if these models are for the same application? Should I go about trying to return the one I bought and have the old one restored (if it was correct). I should also say that this is not for a concourse resto, it is for a driver but I would just like everything to appear correct.
Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
I think the one you got will work but it is not correct if you can live with that.
You can also buy the repair kit with the correct washer pump nozzles that are white and straight.
Or you can take your original wiper motor and pump and send it to:
Wiper Motor Restorations.
His phone # 708-687-4183
Steve Hackel
15000 S. Knox Ave
Midlothian, IL
Cost was 175.00
Shipping $ 15.00
Total $ 190.00
And it will look like this when Steve returns it to you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I actually live in Illinois. I might try and return the other one and buy this one. Have you purchased this piece? If so how do you like it?
Thanks,
Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts