Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone restored there wiper motor in there 70 chevelle,i was curious to know what color the round motor should be.Is it cadium gold plated originaly ? Anyone know for sure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I tried to paintakingly research this same question when I did a total engine resto on a '70 SS I had last winter (it can still be seen at www.yearone.com/Customer's Cars I believe). I painted the round motor part cast-iron and used Silver Cadmium on the upper square portion. I'll email you an image which I believe will show this combo pretty clearly.

P.S. I didn't want the URL reference to show up as a link but I can't get rid of it ...

------------------
Stan Hanek
'66 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Stan (edited 01-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Stan (edited 01-07-2000).]

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the wiper motor assembly restored for my 70SS. This guy is south of Chicago and did a great job: Steve Hackel of Restoration Service at 708-687-4183.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know for sure if it will be a correct replacement for a 100 point restoration but I believe that I saw a windshield wiper motor for my 68 on a website they won't let me post so they probably have on for your 70. I've bought several things for my Chevelle there and have been happy so far but I just want everything to work and am not that interested in a "correct" restoration.

[This message has been edited by MikeyTn (edited 01-10-2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.