Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to get my 69 wiper motor to work. Here is what I know so far

1. Yellow wire is hot with key on
2. Black wire hot only in High speed
3. Lite blue is hot only with switch off
4. Grounded it direct
5. Wipers and washer click but will not run

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11978&d=1202006493

My motor is different from this one as my connectors are underneath the black panel as opposed to the one above which has the wires to the side. I have a 69 parts car and the motor on it is identical. Should you feel this motor is bad what is the bench test procedure that will let me test the other one.

If I have a poor ground at the switch would I stll get these readings at the switch?

Also what is the difference in appearance between the concealed and non- concealed?
Ideas?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
If it clicks and doesnt move, it sounds like the motor itself is burned. One of my students had an 84 Elk that had a similiar problem. You could hear the clicking and all but no movement.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
John post a picture of what your wiper motor looks like?
Here is what mine looks like.

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brad My two look like yours. Thanx

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Your welcome John, I hope it helps:yes:

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the motor off the parts car and everything works fine. Usually if you keep hammering the answer will surface. My main concern was the switch and wiring was functioning as designed. The motor cleaned up nicely but may not be the one I use down the road. Sure is easier than tearing the dash apart later because you did not check it.

It is not hard to figure why people that do this for a living hate this site. Those that listen will learn and save money.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
So I can assume you are sending me some more cash, John:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts