Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'71 SS with hidden wipers. The wipers worked for a while, then stopped. I thought maybe I blew a fuse to I replaced it, no go. My dad and I looked at it and he just took them off and put the connectors back on and wiggled it around some and then the wipers came alive. Worked for a few days, then stopped again. Would pull the connectors out, and have the accessory power on with the wiper switch on, put on the black and black/yellow connector, then put on the blue wire's connector. Would see a blue spark jump from the connector to the motor, but nothing. Could also occasionally see a blue spark jumping farther back in the motor, so replaced the motor, to no effect. Any suggestions? I think maybe it could be a ground but I can't find where it would be grounded to, and no other systems in my car have problems. Thanks

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Make sure you have 12 volts on the yellow wires with the key on. Leave all the connectors plugged in on the motor and jumper (short) the light blue wire to ground. Dig in behind the connector with a probe. A piece of sharpened coat hanger works as a probe.
The wiper motor should run if you do that and the motor is good.
*Back to the game...USC*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.