Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am re-installing my wiper motor after painting my firewall of my 66 SS. I noticed that there is some type of gasket or sealer that goes between the wiper motor and the firewall. Does anyone know what specific type or brand of sealer I need to use to replace the motor?? thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rusty, when you say rubber bead, is that some sort of sealer?. The old gasket looks like some sort of asbestos or tar based sealer. thanks for your input.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rusty, when you say rubber bead, is that some sort of sealer?. The old gasket looks like some sort of asbestos or tar based sealer. thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
This gasket only serves to keep water from running from the cowl to the engine compartment. I.m.o. it is not that critical.
I have used a foam like rubber you can buy by the yard. The cross section is O-shaped. I have made a circle and glued the ends together. It looks like a big o-ring. I could make a picture of the material if you wish.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought mine from Ground Up. Wiper motor seal - part #AWS-6. They also have the wiper motor mounting kits. These are the 3 steel sleeved rubber mounts that connect the motor to the fire wall.

Mike Sibbitt
66 396 SS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.