Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what section this fits into, so I will post here and can be moved as needed.

I'm in the final process of putting the 66 back together. Is there a "trick" to installing the wiper arms? I have one that seems like it is starting to go on but very tight, the other does not want to even get to the point of the going on. I would expect some pressure to be used to install, but don't want to break out the rubber mallet unless someone says that is what it takes. I did not take originals off. The transmission and arms are repops from NPD. The old transmission was shot at all the pivot points and the arms were gone when I got the car. I feel this should be so simple and I feel dumb for even asking the question.

Pat

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
If the two repop parts physically fit each other, you should be able to sort of lift the end of the armn part that slips over the post. Remember its spring loaded so thats how its held on. Jim

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim

Yes, I can see how it is supposed to work, just not sure how much pressure it takes to push down to get past spring pressure ( if that sounds correct?). The splines are so fine that I could see them getting messed up if one metal is harder than the other.

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
Be careful that you do not scratch the paint.

Recommend anti sieze on them also so they will come off next time.

Reactions: BTK
1 - 5 of 5 Posts