Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intermittent wipers are great, but not when you have no control over them. What are the possible causes for an intermittent problem. I have a new wiper motor and the problem can not be reproduced. All connections appear fine. I have not ruled out the switch. Repeated on/off does not solve problem. If they are running they do not stop, but if I shut them off the next time I go to use them they might not work. Thanks in advance. Greg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check your ground connections. Usually when something goes wrong on a wiper motor, I check the ground connection by touching a ground wire to the casing of the wiper motor.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You could check out the switch and wiring with a voltmeter to make sure the circut is working well. The wiring diagram maps it out well. Did the problem start before or after the new motor? is that why you put the new one in? I would also check for grounds in general since they are the cause of most electrical problems. Clean out the motor mounting bolts and the holes in the firewall, also check the wire from the neg cable to the fender. When the wipers don't come on can you yank on them to start them? perhaps a bum rebuilt motor etc.
Good Luck
Frank

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If things stay dry here this weekend, I'll trouble shoot the ground, etc. I have not tried to yank the wiper blades to start them. But one time the motor did start up when I removed the top connector and replaced it. As I said though, I can never get it to reproduce itself. (the old motor never ran after I bought the car, so I don't have any reference there) Thanks for the help, I'll let you know when I get it solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.