Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all another wiper question; 72 chevelle; someone took the wiper motor off and i am re-installing it got the motor on , ;dont really know where to hook wires up at ,i still have the wiper switch ,it has 4 wires coming out of it 2 blk one lt blue and one dark blue, no power to wiper switch when key is on.have power at fuse block any help plz thanks

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Check this post. Coppertop posted a drawing of the connectors to the switch and motor. The only difference is the switch connector on the 72 has the ground wire included as opposed to separate, 69-70-71, as shown.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the drawings guys, ,still have a question about the wires coming out of the wiper motor, there is only 1 wireing harness under the hood, should there be a 2nd wireing harness or do i bring the wires off the wiper motor back to the fuse panel or where. thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the pic , now i have a problem dont have that harness under the hood.now i really dont know where to start.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
In the pic you can see two harnesses. One is the engine harness. It's the one that exits out the left top of the pic. The other is the forward lamp harness. Do you have any part of the forward lamp harness?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well ,have no lamp harness, dont know what the guy before me did with it or where he cut it off, guess i will just hook a toggle switch for now where i can get it inspected,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts