Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my wiper motor quit on my way to The All GM Nationals in Carlisle, Pa., last week and I'm right now in the process of finding the culprit. I have a remanufactured one in there now that I had to buy at the Auto Zone so that I could make it the rest of the way to Carlisle during the rain. I want to get my orginal one working again so that I can have the correct motor and mine still has the cast aluminium appearence. I put power to it on the bench and all it did was the relay switch??? clicked. I can't tell if the brushes are good or not, but they do appear to be touching the armature. The armature has a slight ridge at the bottom of where the brushes meet it. The springs behind the brushes are not stuck and they seem to be pushing the brushes towards the armature. Now, there is a set of contacts in there, there is a shiny spot on them, but I can't really tell you if they are good or bad, I don't actually know what I'm looking for in this motor, but I would sure like to fix it.

I want to get it fixed becuase everyone I talk to says, I'm nuts for even taking it apart to try and fix it.

Oh, I was talking to my grandfather, he said to make sure I had continuity in the windings, how can I check that on this?

Thanks guys,

------------------
Bryan Shook
My website with lots of classic cars
1972 Chevrolet El Camino Options, Codes & Pricing
Favorite Quote: Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Must be an epidemic! Mine quit at Chevllabration! I've located a good used on though(thanks Darryl).

------------------
ACES member# 5093
Elcaminos are special!
I'd rather walk around with a Chevrolet hubcap in my hand than drive a Ford

Ole Paint

1 - 3 of 3 Posts