Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to replace the nozzles on the Chevelle over the weekend, and discovered that broken nozzles weren't my only problem. Turns out that my w/s washer pump is not working. I can hear what sounds like a solenoid clicking when I try to activate the pump. And that is the only noise. I don't hear anything else. I had expected a "whirring" noise from the pump but heard nothing else. Is it time for a new pump, or should I try the rebuild from Year One? New pump=$50, rebuild $13.

------------------
Better Late than Never Fred
Team Chevelle #400
If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes...
The '70

·
Registered
994 Posts
I saw a rebuild diaphram kit for under $10 in Ausleys or Ground Up. I'm having the same problem. It's happen to me before and all I did was rekit it.

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fred,

I just replaced the one on my 70 Elky. The new ones are electronic and work much better. The only downside is they look a little different than the originals. I kept the original one just in case I would need to go back to stock. The new one I bought was a Trico #11-515 ($26.95 ABC Auto). And you don't have to worry about lining up the cams, etc. because there are none on the inside. I only had to turn the connector upside down. Pumps much more fluid than the original, and faster. Technology

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.